Branch loan app makes it easy for people in Kenya to access a loan, anytime, anywhere. Branch is like a bank in your pocket, there for you at all times. Branch has offices in Nairobi, Kenya; Lagos, Nigeria; Mumbai, India; and San Francisco, United States.
Therefore we are going through everything you need to know about Branch Loan App in Kenya in today’s post.
We will cover the following below:
- What branch loan is all about
- How to download the Branch loan app
- The real branch Limit
- How to get a Branch loan
- How to repay Branch
- Details of Branch customer care contacts and finally,
- If there is a branch loan for iPhone users.
In the article
- What is Branch Loan App?
- Branch loan app download
- How do you qualify for a loan?
- How do I apply for a Branch loan?
- How long does Branch take to process a loan?
- Branch loan payment
- Branch loan limit and terms
- Branch loan app for iPhone
- Branch contacts
- Frequently Asked Questions.
- Branch loan App Conclusion
What is Branch Loan App?
Branch loan app is a short-term mobile loan lender offered by Branch International to users in the following countries; Kenya, Nigeria, India, and Tanzania.
The loan app was introduced to the Kenyan market in 2015 and heavily relied on Safaricom M-Pesa to deliver its loans to thousands of its users.
Today, Branch has grown to over 10 Million installs on Google play and has partnered with Key players such as VISA to continue offering mobile loans to its users.
This article will focus on the Branch loan app in Kenya, and I will cover everything about this mobile lender there is to know.
Branch loan app download
To get the branch loan, you need to download and install a Branch App from Google Play Store. You should never use branch loan APK found on other websites because they may include viruses that harm your phone’s security system.
Here is the Branch loan app download process to get it installed on your smartphone:
- Visit Google Play Store
- Search for Branch loan
- You should see one by the name “Branch – Personal Finance App” by Branch International.
- Click Install (You should have enabled the internet to download)
- It will take around 2 minutes to download and install on your phone.
Once installed on your phone, let us move to the next step, where you log on to Branch loan. We shall do this by answering the following question.
How do you qualify for a loan?
To get started on Branch, all you need is:
- Smartphone–Either Android or iPhone
- A valid/active Facebook Account.
- Safaricom line with M-Pesa account and Tigo Pesa or Vodacom Mpesa in Tanzania
- Your National ID Number
- Loan interest rates range from 10% to 27%. This interest rate comes to a monthly interest rate of 1% and 21%.
How do I apply for a Branch loan?
You need the Branch App installed on your smartphone to apply for a loan from Branch. I showed you how to download the app in the previous section.
Here is how you can get a Branch loan:
Step 1: Open the Branch App on your phone.
Step 2: Create your account – using your phone number.
Step 3: The next step is to fill out a simple form which should take 30 seconds. This form will ask you for your name, country, national ID number, and date of birth.
Step 4: Submit the form, and they will review it in a few seconds.
Step 5: After reviewing and creating your account, it will take you to the loans page. Here you find that all loan options are on display for you. This amount is Ksh 1000 if you are a first-time borrower.
That is how you get a Branch loan. From here, you can choose the amount you wish to borrow. Branch will send the money to your M-Pesa in a few minutes if they approve.
For those looking for a Branch loan application online, I note that there is no place to get the loan other than the mobile app.
How long does Branch take to process a loan?
As you have seen, it doesn’t take a long time to get approved for financing. The application process is quick and easy; after 5 minutes of filling out the required information online, your loan should be ready!
Once you have applied for the loan, it will take anywhere from less than 1 minute to 30 minutes before they complete your loan transaction and send it to M-Pesa.
Compared to other traditional lenders, such as banks and SACCOs, Branch is much faster.
Branch loan payment
This section will show you how to pay branch loans in easy steps.
After you get your loan, it will come a time when you will have to repay this loan.
There are two ways you can use to pay Branch loan. I have outlined both below:
Here is how to pay Branch loan:
a. How to pay Branch loan via M-Pesa
This method uses Branch Pay Bill Number 998608. All you have to do is:
- Open the Safaricom Sim Toolkit and choose the Mpesa menu
- Select Lipa Na Mpesa
- Next, select Pay Bill and use this 998608 as the Pay Bill Number
- Enter your phone for the account number.
- Choose the amount you want to repay and submit.
When this is approved, you will get a message from the Branch to update your account.
b. Loan payment via the app
A helpful way of repaying your loan is through the Branch app itself. It’s easier and faster than using M-Pesa, so I suggest this method to you all!
To use this method, open the app, and your Branch loan balance will be displayed to you.
- Select My Loan
- Click on Tap to pay
- Select the amount or enter a custom amount.
- Click Pay
- M-Pesa will open up on your phone.
- Just enter your PIN and
- You are done.
Branch loan limit and terms
Here are Branch loan limit and terms:
- They offer loan amounts of between Ksh 250 to Ksh 70,000
- The APR is between 22% to 240%
- Branch monthly interest rate is between 18.0% to 20.0%%
- Their loan duration is between 4 to 52 weeks
I found all this information on the Google Play store page.
Branch loan app for iPhone
Many people ask if there is a Branch app for iPhones. Right now, there isn’t an official Branch loan App for iPhone. There is no official word on when there will be one.
Branch is only available for Android devices. If you use iPhone, you can only get the app via the Google Play store and use it on your Android emulator.
Are you looking for Branch contacts? Here you can find Branch customer care contacts.
- From within the Branch app, you can use their customer care service.
- If you prefer email, then use [email protected] to contact Branch international.
- Or check out their Facebook page.
- If you are on Twitter, check out the Branch Twitter handle.
Frequently Asked Questions.
The following are frequently asked questions regarding the Branch Loan app.
Is Branch a good loan app?
Yes, Branch is a good loan app. I have used it to get mobile loans to my phone easily. I know many people have used it, and it has great reviews on the Google App Store.
How much loan can Branch give?
Their loans range from Ksh 1,000 to Ksh 70,000.
How long does it take for Branch to approve a loan?
From my experience, it is fast, and if you are qualified, they approve loans in seconds. I think it is the quickest I have ever seen.
How long does it take for Branch to give you a loan?
They process the loan fast, and it may take anywhere from a few minutes to 24hrs for the loan to process. If it takes longer, you can contact them, and they will help you.
Branch loan App Conclusion
Branch loan app is a simple yet powerful mobile loan app in Kenya that will help you sort out your financial issues in real-time. You can try to branch out, and I am sure they never disappoint.
If you fail in getting a loan from the Branch, don’t give up. There are many alternatives to try, and these include the following.
We have are detailed and comprehensive loan apps in Kenya that you might try to get a loan from them if the branch app doesn’t work for you.
We hope that I have answered all your questions about the Branch loan app and made things easy. If you are looking for another loan app, please check out my other articles on the Timiza loan and Zenka loan app.
- Top 20 Most Traded Currencies in the World - November 12, 2022
- Top 20 Countries With the Most Skyscrapers in the World 2022 - November 11, 2022
- How to get Zenka Loan by Zenka USSD Code or Zenka Loan App - August 3, 2022