Deputy President William Samoei Ruto is guarded by 257 police officers making him the most guarded in the History of Kenya.
While responding to the Committee on Administration and National Security of the National Assembly on Wednesday, the Cabinet Secretary of Interior Fred Matiang’i alluded that the DP has enough security. CS Matiang’i revealed that Ruto has 257 officers guarding him, his office, his residential homes, and properties.
Seventy-four of the officers, drawn from the Presidential Escort Unit, are assigned to guard Ruto day and night, including five General Service Unit (GSU) commandos, six Directorate of Criminal Investigation (DCI) officers, and others for the inner circle.
At least 121 administration police officers from SGB and CIPU Units are assigned to Ruto while 51 Auxiliary Security officers are deployed in various properties.
Below is a list of Deputy President William Ruto’s properties guarded by police officers:
1. Kitengela Gas – 6 officers
2. Weston Hotel – 4 officers
3. Murumbi farm in Transmara (395 Hectares) – 6 officers
4. ADC Laikipia Mutara Ranch- 6073 Hectares – 6 officers
5. Dolphin Hotel Mombasa – 6 officers
6. Mata Farm in Taita Taveta – 6 officers
7. Elgon View Home – 4 officers
8. Koitalel PoultryFarm Eldoret – 4 officers
9. Private Residence in Kosachei Eldoret 4 officers
10. Kwae Island Development Ltd – Wilson Airport (2Hangers and 5 Helicopters) -5 officers
The CS noted that Ruto’s security detail is highest compared to previous Vice Presidents as follows: Jaramogi Oginga Odinga (30), Joseph Mulumbi (22), Daniel Moi (34), Mwai Kibaki (26), Josephat Karanja (22), George Saitoti (30), Musalia Mudavadi (22), Kijana Wamalwa (22), Moody Awori (22), Raila Odinga -Prime Minister (57), Kalonzo Musyoka (26), William Ruto (74).