Kopokopo is a Lipa Na M-PESA application portal that enables businesses and individuals to apply M-PESA technology in order to collect and disburse funds.
How does Kopo Kopo work?
Kopokopo uses the concept of Lipa Na M-PESA to receive payments in busineses. A customer makes payment to a unique number (Till Number) that identifies a business. Once the customers makes payment the both the customer and the owner of the business receive a message on their mobile to notify them that the transaction was successfully
What is M-Pesa Till Number?
A till is a counter in a shop or other place of business where money is kept, and where customers pay for what they have bought.
Therefore, the Kopokopo Till number is a digital number that payments are received on and stored. It the same as the one offered by Safaricom M-Pesa Till. It is just an enhancement of the existing Lipa Na M-PESA till that enables business owners to collect payments on the till and use the money collected to make other transactions directly from their till such as:
- Pay to another Buy Goods Till
- Pay to a mobile number
- Pay to a Utilities (Paybill) till
- Withdraw cash at an M-PESA agent
- Sell Airtime and earn commission
How can one get get Kopokopo Lipa na M-Pesa Till Number?
If you need a Kopokopo Till Number you need to have the following:
- Duly filled and signed application form & Terms and Conditions. Copy of identification documents of persons opening the account i.e. National ID, Passport/Alien ID/Military ID. Additional for Bank Settlement: …
- INDIVIDUAL. (Only applies to Buy Goods Product) Individuals with businesses registered as a sole proprietorship or Rental Houses.
- CATEGORY. Know Your Customer (KYC) requirements.
Application for Kopokopo Till Number as Sole Proprietor Requirements
- Copy of letter from the bank stating bank details as per certificate of registration or bank statement.
- Copy of Certificate of Registration or Business Permit No.
- Copy of Individual KRA PIN Certificate.
- Copy of National ID – Back.
- Copy of National ID – Front.
How do I you use Kopokopo till number?
In most cases Kopokopo does trannings before they send the toolkit to their clients. If any case the client is not nearby they will send the document through Wells Fargo and you with instructions on how to to use.
Anyway, it’s not hard for customers to make payments it’s by guiding them to go to their M-PESA Menu,
- Go to Lipa Na M-PESA
- Select ‘Buy Goods and Services Enter the Till Number of the outlet/or salesperson you wish to pay
- Enter the amount you wish to pay ( between Ksh. 10 – 70,000) Enter your M-PESA PIN number.
- Both the customer and the owner of the business will receive an SMS indicating a transaction was successful.
While for owners of Till Numbers using the Till Number is simple as operating your Mpesa Account. What you need is the Sim tool kit pin or you can visit the Kopokopo website. You can view all transactions as on the website.
Why is Kopokopo the best platform compared to other platforms.
We at Chweya have been using Kopokopo for the past 6 years on our most businesses. We have also even tested other Lipa Na M-PESA platforms such as Safaricom, Co-operative Bank, And KCB Bank. All the above can match Kopokopo.
Reasons are as follows:
- After using Kopokopo for consecutive months you will qualify an unsecured loan of up to Ksh.5,000,000. You can check other Loans that you can borrow with a mobile phone.
- They offer SMS campaigns. You can purchase any SMS that you need and promote your businesses with them.
- You can withdrawal your money to any bank you wish as long as your names and ID match.
- If you have several receiving points or counters you can make several different Till Numbers to receive payments. But you will be able yo monitor from your phone.
- They offer Mobile App, USS Code(*667#), and web platform to access your account. So in case, you lose a pin you can access your account from other platforms.
- They have one of the best customer care around. You know any businesses you need to communicate and how fast do they reply matters a lot.
- They offer multiple ways to receive payments, i.e by M-Pesa, Masterpass, Airtel Money and T-Kash
- They don’t charge customers when making payments instead they charge the owner a small percentage. Less than 1% of the transaction amount. Check below their transaction table
Merchant Agreement Fee Schedule
Last updated: July 24th, 2018
Lipa na Mpesa
Ksh 0 – Ksh 200: free (no fee)
Ksh 201 – Ksh 40,000: 0.5% of transaction value
Above Ksh 40,000: Ksh 200
1.5% of transaction value
0.5% of transaction value
0.5% of transaction value
The amount available to transfer from your Kopo Kopo account will be less these transactions fees
Transfer to Diamond Trust Bank (DTB) Account – 0 Ksh
Transfer to Non-DTB Account – 50 Ksh
Transfer to M-PESA account – 0 Ksh
Transfers to external accounts
Transfer to external Bank account – Ksh 50
Transfer to external M-PESA account – Ksh 50
Transfer fees will be debited from your account upon each settlement
SMS Bundle Prices
Tier 1: 250 SMS, Ksh 500 (Ksh 2.00/SMS)
Tier 2: 1000 SMS, Ksh 1750 (Ksh 1.75/SMS)
Tier 3: 5000 SMS, Ksh 5000 (Ksh 1.00/SMS
Replacement of lost Lipa na M-PESA SIM – 300 Ksh
This fee will be debited from your payment balance upon delivery of replacement SIM