Zenka is one of the most popular mobile lenders which offers fast loan app solutions in Kenya without the need for collateral. The loan is offered either by mobile app or the Zenka USSD Code. They offer a simple registration and application process, after which you will receive your loan straight to your M-Pesa account.
Zenka finance has been in the market since November 2018 and is considered one of the fastest-growing fintech companies in Kenya.
The fast-emerging fintech is motivated by the desire to help businesses grow and offer customers friendly loans as detailed below
To contact Zenka customer support, you can reach them using the contacts below.
- Phone: +254 (0) 207650878
- E-mail: [email protected]
- Check out their social media pages; Facebook, or follow them on IG (@zenka_kenya) and Twitter (@ZenkaFinance).
In the article
- How to get Zenka Loan
- How can I get a Zenka loan through SMS?
- Loan Process.
- How to borrow a loan from Zenka.
- How to get a loan from Zenka on non-smartphone users
- How fast you can get a loan in Zenka.
- How to pay back your Zenka loan.
- Zenka Loan terms and conditions.
- Zenka Loans Interest rates.
- Zenka Credit limits.
- What is unique about their loans.
- Who can benefit from the Loans?
- In conclusion, Zenka Loans work in the following steps.
- Frequently Asked Questions
How to get Zenka Loan
You can receive the loan by either downloading the app on Google Play Store and the Apple store or by using Zenka USSD code *841#
How can I get a Zenka loan through SMS?
If you don’t have a smartphone or active internet, you can access Zenka loans by dialing the USSD code *841# on your phone and following the prompts.
The minimum loan amount you can get from Zenka is Ksh 500 while the maximum amount is Ksh 20,000.
How to borrow a loan from Zenka.
To borrow a loan from Zenka, you must have the following;
- National ID.
- Smartphone or feature phone (Mulika mwizi).
- A Safaricom registered number with Mpesa to receive and pay back your loan.
To get a loan from Zenka by smartphone users;
- Download the Application from Google Play Store or Apple Store.
- Fill the application form with the relevant information.
- Once approved, you will receive the money on your M-Pesa number.
How to get a loan from Zenka on non-smartphone users
If you do not have internet access but wish to borrow a loan from Zenka you can also use the following process.
- Dial the USSD code *841# and follow the prompts.
- This service can only be accessed by Safaricom subscribers.
How fast you can get a loan in Zenka.
Once approved, you will have the loan sent to your M-Pesa number instantly.
How to pay back your Zenka loan.
There are two ways to clear your loan;
You can pay back via Mpesa, using Zenka pay bill number 979988 and your phone number as your M-Pesa account number.
You can also pay your Zenka loan via the steps highlighted below.
- Dial the USSD Code *841#,
- Enter your 4-digit PIN,
- Select [Repay] and find information about your current balance.
- Select [Repay full amount] and follow the payment link.
After your payment has been processed you will receive an SMS notification and your loan will be closed.
Zenka Loan terms and conditions.
We will highlight some of the terms but you can visit their FAQ section to get to know more terms and conditions.
We require minimum information for your convenience. All they need is your first name, last name, National ID, answer to a security question of the choices provided, and a 4-digit PIN number. To fulfill their role as a responsible lender, they take many factors into account when evaluating your creditworthiness including your prior history with us, data from your mobile phone, and information received from Credit Reference Bureaus.
Zenka Loans Interest rates.
The lowest interest rate is 0 percent while the highest is 29 percent.
Zenka Credit limits.
Your limits depend on your borrowing habits and history with other creditors. They will use the information they get from your phone and on CRB to determine how much you will qualify.
The fastest way to receive higher amounts is to build credit with a positive repayment history with Zenka, easily achieved with successive timely repaid loans.
Failure to pay extension fees for loans that are due will lead to being listed on the CRB. However before you wait for the penalties you should try their loan extension that gives you more control over your loan by letting you postpone your due date by 7, 14, or 30 days.
To apply for a loan extension, you need to have an active loan that is not 30 days past due.
You are rewarded with higher loan limits for paying your loans on time.
What is unique about their loans.
- First loan free, with 0% interest.
- Longer loaning periods than other loan apps, 61 days.
- You can top up your loan if you have not exceeded your loan limit.
- You can pay to extend your loaning periods and avoid higher interests.
Who can benefit from the Loans?
- Small business owners.
- Netizens and citizens in need of quick loans.
In conclusion, Zenka Loans work in the following steps.
- Download the App from App Store or Play Store, or just hit *841#.
- Fill out the application form by providing the required information.
- Apply for a loan according to your limits.
- Receive the money in your M-Pesa account.
- Pay your loan in time to increase limits.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get a Zenka Loan
Download the Zenka Loan App or Dial *841# to access the platform. If you are using the app, proceed to register to get started. If you used the USSD code, follow the prompts to register and apply for a loan. Once registered, you will get a notification with the available limit. Next, select apply for full limit or select desired limit. Now select the loan repayment period, and you’re done.
How much Loan can I get from Zenka
It depends on the information they will access about you like the CRB rating. Zenka loan limits range from KSh 500 to KSh 30,000. Just borrow and repay on time to qualify for more over time.